As a venue for a corporate, civic or private function, the entire setting and ambience of Queen’s University is quite simply unsurpassed. Dramatic Victorian architecture, elegant tree-lined avenues, quiet parks and walkways, and the unique buzz of human activity that only a university can generate, combine to make this part of Belfast truly special. And with over 100 buildings of special or historical interest within its estate, Queen’s can provide a venue to meet just about any conceivable interest or need.
The Lanyon Building (1849) is the centrepiece of Queen’s and one of the most photographed buildings in Belfast, boasts a number of excellent venues:
- The Black and White Hall inside the main entrance, with its statue of Galileo, is an impressive location for a drinks reception
- The magnificent Great Hall offers a dramatic venue for gala dinners
- The Canada Room and Council Chamber, well suited to smaller, more intimate occasions
- The Naughton Gallery, the University’s dedicated art gallery overlooking the Quadrangle, is ideal for launch events and reception
- The Old Staff Common Room - This bright airy self contained space is suitable for smaller groups requiring meeting, conference, lunch or dinner space.
- Senate Room - Historic room with original fixtures and fittings an atmospheric space with lots of natural light and an historical feel.
There are a range of other excellent venues across Queen's University campus:
- The Harty Room (1933): Tudor style, the perfect venue for a wedding or recital.
- The Sir William Whitla Hall (1949): a flexible space, capable of accommodating up to 1200 people theatre style, well suited to plenary sessions and award ceremonies and also doubling as a dinner venue for up to 350 guests.
- Peter Froggatt Centre: centrally located and ideal for conferences, with a variety of lecture theatres, seminar and break out rooms for various audiences, all under one roof.
- Queen’s Film Theatre: fully licensed two theatre cinema, with large modern foyer which is perfect for hospitality. Click here for more information.
- The Physical Education Centre, with 25m swimming pool, state-of-the-art fitness suite and sports massage and comfortable café – perfect for unwinding during a conference. Click here for more information.
Other venues include: fully equipped committee rooms, lecture theatres, seminar and function rooms – a space to suit every need. For full details about our facilities please contact us.