MISTRAL is recruiting Early Stage Researchers
Early Stage Researchers are graduate students at the beginning of their research careers (see below for eligibility definitions) recruited and hosted by project beneficiaries, benefitting from the support of Horizon 2020 funding and a project network to improve your training and career prospects:
- As an ESR in MISTRAL, you will undertake exciting multidisciplinary research in a collaborative network of top academic and industrial partners
- ESRs are enrolled in PhD training programmes, but also benefit from a regular employment contract
- Contracts can be offered for 36 months
- MISTRAL ESRs will be supported to create and maintain a personal career development plan, which will inform and guide the training you receive during your research project
- MISTRAL will enhance your career development by providing transferable skills training (such as project management, communication skills, grant writing, exploitation of results) as well as specific training to help with your research project
Before applying to MISTRAL, please make sure you are familiar with:
Early Stage Researcher eligibility
Career Stage Rule:
Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) must, at the date of recruitment by the beneficiary, be in the first four years (full -time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
ESRs must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account.
For clarification on these rules, please contact us - mistral-itn(at)qub(dot)ac(dot)uk