International Postgraduate students
How do I obtain my CAS?
Information on obtaining your CAS, or Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies, can be found below.
- You must have firmly accepted an unconditional offer before your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) can be issued. This means that we must be in receipt of your final transcripts and certificates confirming the award of your qualifications and, if applicable, English language results. These documents should be scanned and uploaded to the Direct Applications Portal. Please make sure you include your Application number and full name in any correspondence with us. This will help us to administer your application efficiently.
- Once you have met all the admission requirements for your chosen course of study, you will receive an unconditional offer letter. You will then be able to accept your place through the Direct Application Portal - https://dap.qub.ac.uk/portal/ to confirm that you intend to take up your place.
- Self-funding international applicants studying on a one-year postgraduate taught course may pay a voluntary deposit of £2,500 towards their tuition fees. Please click for further details.
- You must also complete the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) form [download - word document]. This form will ask you to confirm if you have previously studied in the UK. Complete this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should include scanned copies of any previous UK Visa permission stamps.
- All applicants who are required to obtain ATAS clearance must provide evidence to the Admissions and Access Service that they have already submitted an application for ATAS clearance. This should be in the form of a screenshot from your application record on the ATAS online application system.
- And finally, please scan and email a copy of the photographic page of your passport to email@example.com.
Once in receipt of all the above, we will be able to proceed to issue your CAS.