Guidelines and Criteria for Submissions
- Submissions are welcome from postgraduate students (MA, MPhil, PhD or equivalent outside the U.K. and Ireland) whose work concerns the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Papers submitted must be original works of research. As a general rule, the length of submissions should be up to a maximum of 5,000 words, including citations. Citations must conform to the most recent MLA or Harvard style. The preferred language for submissions is English. An abstract of approximately 250 words should also be provided.
- Quest will also consider book and conference reviews under 1,000 words in length.
- Submissions will be judged by the editorial team and anonymous referees, taking into account the supervisor’s reference. The editors retain the right to refuse submissions or to request modifications.
- Quest does not accept manuscripts that have already been published, are scheduled for publication elsewhere, or have been simultaneously submitted to another journal. Authors may, of course, use the article elsewhere after publication without prior permission from Quest, provided that acknowledgement is given to Quest as the original source of publication, and that the editorial board is notified so that our records show that its use is properly authorised.
- Submissions should be emailed to the Editorial Board at firstname.lastname@example.org