Consulting Civil Engineer
Civil engineers are involved with the design, development and construction of a huge range of projects in the built and natural environment. Their role is central to ensuring the safe, timely and well-resourced completion of projects in many areas, including highway construction, waste management, coastal development and geotechnical engineering.
Typical work activities include:
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies and site investigations.
- Think both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems. Supervise tendering procedures and put together proposals.
- Manage, supervise and visit contractors on site and advise on civil engineering issues.
- Liaise with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients.
- Manage budgets and other project resources and ensure that a project runs smoothly and that the structure is completed on time and within budget.