Staff Excellence Awards
Almost 200 nominations were received for this year's Staff Excellence Awards. The shortlist for each category is listed below.
Category 1: Delivering Excellence
This award recognises an individual who consistently goes above and beyond the scope and remit of their role. Always striving for excellence, this individual takes pride in what they do and adopts a pro-active and flexible approach to the work.
- Ling Bai, China Queen's College
- Dr Geoff Cunningham, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Chloe Dugan, Finance
- Professor Ruth Leitch, School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work
Category 2: Team of the Year
This award recognises a collection of individuals who, through working together, have made a significant and positive impact. Teams can be established work teams or a group of individuals who have come together for a specific project or initiative. A team is considered to be two or more people.
- AHSS Student Recruitment Hub Team
- Centre for Experimental Medicine support team
- Environment Team
- Students’ Union Marketing Team
Category 3: Achieving Ambition
This award recognises a creative and innovative individual who constantly pushes the boundaries to develop new ways to do things. A forward-thinker who embraces change, this individual is keen to learn new things and share this knowledge with others.
- Gerard Fegan, Finance
- Sara Johnston, Student Plus
- Dr Luke Moffett, School of Law
- Professor Sally Wheeler, School of Arts, English and Languages
Category 4: Outstanding Leadership
This award recognises an individual who by their energy, enthusiasm and motivation inspires and empowers others to succeed. A role model, this individual drives change and leads with conviction and ambition to make a real difference.
- Professor Brian G. Falzon, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Dr Panagiotis Manesiotis, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Anne McLaughlin, Finance
- Patricia Reilly, School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work
Category 5: Community Impact
This award recognises a project or activity that has made a significant impact on communities, either here in Northern Ireland or further afield. The project should promote social, environmental, economic, cultural or wellbeing benefits. This award is open to individuals or teams.
- Doris Corkin; Pauline Cardwell; Catherine Monaghan, School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Lucia Kearney and Vivienne Courtney, Student Plus
- Professor Ruth Morrow, School of Natural and Built Environment
- Queen’s Grounds and Gardens Team, Estates
Category 6: Lifetime Achievement
This award recognises a long-serving member of staff who has made a significant contribution to the University which has had a long lasting positive impact. This individual embodies all the Core Values of the University. A long-serving member of staff is someone who has 15 years' service or more.
- Nicky Clarke, Student Plus
- Dr Amilra De Silva, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Dr Mary Flynn, Research and Enterprise
- Professor Sir John McCanny, School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science