The Staff Forum has been established in response to Staff Survey feedback. It is an opportunity for staff to share their views and ideas on how to improve key touchpoints which impact their experience at work – for example, development and performance. Through the Forum, solutions to matters which affect all staff will be co-created.
Members of the Staff Forum work together in the spirit of co-operation to address workplace matters. Members are responsible for gathering input and ideas from colleagues in relation to institutional matters and providing timely feedback.
Role of the Staff Forum Members
Forum members are expected to:
- Prepare for and participate in a positive and collaborative way at Forum meetings
- Gather feedback from and provide feedback to staff in their area
- Suggest appropriate matters to discuss at the Forum that may be important to the staff in their area
- Remain objective and listen to and capture views even when they might not agree with those views
- Respect confidentiality, as appropriate, in relation to matters discussed at the Forum
Staff Forum Meetings
MONDAY 1 OCTOBER 2018
The first meeting of the Staff Forum took place on the Monday 1 October 2018, chaired by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Ian Greer.
The Staff Forum representatives were invited to provide their feedback on Appraisal. Reward Manager, Elaine Coleman, set out the current appraisal process and then the different elements which could form a new and improved process.
Staff Forum representatives are in the process of gathering feedback from their colleagues. All staff are encouraged to provide feedback and help inform what touchpoint the Forum should review at the next meeting. Find out who your representative is here.
The next meeting of the Staff Forum is scheduled for Monday 18 February 2018.