Queen’s Accommodation offers cycles for hire to students for travel between Elms Village and the University campus. There are 20 cycles available for hire and the charge is £0.50 pence per day (24 hours) and can be hired for up to 7 days at a time. A £10 returnable deposit is required.
How the scheme works
- You will need to become a member of the Queen’s Accommodation Cycle Rental Scheme. Click here for a copy of the
Cycle Rental Scheme Terms & Conditions
- Once you have read, agreed and signed the terms and conditions you must return your signed copy to Elms village reception.
- You will receive an email to confirm receipt of your signed terms and conditions, confirming details and informing you when you membership card will be ready for collection.
- Once you have received your membership card you can use the Queen’s Accommodation Cycle Rental Scheme.
Hiring a Cycle
- If you would like to hire a cycle, go to Elms Village reception.
- You will need
- your membership card,
- your Queen’s student card,
- the hire charge in cash of £0.50 pence per day
- a deposit of £10.00 in cash which is refundable on return of the cycle at the end of the loan period.
- You will be asked to sign a booking form. This details the cycle number, date of loan, deposit paid.
- You will be given the appropriate keys, safety helmet, light and bike lock and a copy of the Highway code rules for cyclists.
It's as easy as that. Happy cycling!