College Gardens is value housing with prices ranging from £71.89 - £95.53 per week (including bills).
Situated in a very central location opposite the main University buildings, these houses are suitable for students who want a more independent lifestyle than that offered in Elms Village.
Each house accommodates 10 students, with the exception of number 7, which houses 15 students, all in single study bedrooms. The houses have one large kitchen, with the exception of number 7 which has two kitchens, with individual storage space for each student and one common room with a television. Bathrooms are shared by 3–4 students. Cleaning of communal areas is carried out on a weekly basis during core teaching periods.
The postal address for College Gardens is: College Gardens, Belfast, BT9 6BQ
Room Types Available
- Small standard room - smaller than a standard room with a bed, desk and wardrobe.
- Standard room – each bedroom has a bed, desk, wardrobe and some storage space.
- Premium room – a limited number of premium rooms are available. They are larger rooms with a double bed and bigger study space.
|Number of Rooms
||Yes - fibre optic broadband
|Length of Contract
||Single semester and 38 week
What's included in the price:
- Heating, electricity and hot water
- Heating and hot water are at set times:
- Monday-Friday 7:00-9:00am & 5:00-10:00pm (3:30-10:00pm, December-February)
- Saturday/Sunday 9:00-11:00am & 5:00-10:00pm (3:30-10:00pm, December-February)
- Contents insurance through a block insurance scheme
- Internet service provided throughout all Queen's accommodation. A base package includes:-
- A minimum wired internet speed of 16mb to each room
- No download limits or usage charges
- Wi-Fi connectivity in all bedrooms and common areas
- Free access to 4TV; Freeview and International TV channels to view on your laptop
- Gaming support for simultaneous console connections with access to 100 gaming servers and the ability to host tournaments
- More details about this service can be found on the Accommodation website www.stayatqueens.com
- Weekly cleaning of communal areas during core teaching periods
- Cooker, microwave, oven, toaster, kettle
- Television in common rooms (covered by Queen’s University TV licence)
- Prompt repairs and maintenance service
- Laundry facilities
- Carbon aware low energy equipment and recycling bins
- 24 hour Reception
- 24 hour Security
- Support through Residential Life Coordinators and Residential Assistants
What else do we offer at a small charge?
- Guest rooms for visiting family and friends (subject to availability)
- Bicycle hire
What do you NEED to bring?
All Queen's Accommodation is furnished but you will need to bring some items to make it your home. Please note that trips to local supermarkets and Ikea will be arranged during check-in week, therefore, we don't expect you to carry everything in your luggage. You will need to consider bringing these items:
- Basic provisions for the first few days, until you have time to go to the shops.
- Bed linen, including sheets, pillows and duvets or blankets (please note you can purchase a single bedding pack at reception for £30 or £35 for a double bedding pack).
- Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils and pots and pans.
- A kitchen pack can be purchased at reception upon your arrival for £35. This includes items such as saucepan, dinner plate, side plate, cereal bowl, mug, knife, fork, tea spoon, slotted spoon, tea towel, tin opener, small vegetable knife and baking tray (please note that if the bedding and kitchen pack are purchased together the total cost is £60).
- Towels and a tea towel.
- Hairdryer and toiletries.
|Cost 2013-14||38 week contract||Weekly|
|Small Standard Room||