Situated near to Elms Village this is a great location for those who want the convenience of being close to the centre of student life but with some independence. It is always popular with our international students.
Large kitchens and common rooms are shared by approximately 16 students, with bathrooms shared by 4–5. All common rooms have a television. All study bedrooms have a washbasin, bed, desk and wardrobe. Cleaning of communal areas is carried out on a weekly basis during core teaching periods.
The postal address for Grant House is: Grant House, 64 Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 5BT.
The entirety of this accommodation comes with the lifestyle option of:
- No Alcohol accommodation (NA): alcohol is not permitted in this accommodation and will appeal to those students who do not consume alcohol.
|Number of Rooms
||Yes - fibre optic broadband
||Yes (small charge)
|Length of Contract
||Single semester and 38 week
What's included in the price:
- Heating, electricity and hot water
- Heating and hot water are at set times:
- Monday-Friday 7:00-9:00am & 5:00-10:00pm (3:30-10:00pm, December-February)
- Saturday/Sunday 9:00-11:00am & 5:00-10:00pm (3:30-10:00pm, December-February
- Contents insurance through a block insurance scheme
- Internet service provided throughout all Queen's accommodation. A base package includes:-
- A minimum wired internet speed of 16mb to each room
- No download limits or usage charges
- Wi-Fi connectivity in all bedrooms and common areas
- Free access to 4TV; Freeview and International TV channels to view on your laptop
- Gaming support for simultaneous console connections with access to 100 gaming servers and the ability to host tournaments
- More details about this service can be found on the Accommodation website www.stayatqueens.com
- Weekly cleaning of communal areas during core teaching periods
- Cooker, microwave, oven, toaster, kettle
- Television in common rooms (covered by Queen’s University TV licence)
- Prompt repairs and maintenance service
- 24 hour Reception
- 24 hour Security
- Support through Residential Life Coordinators and Residential Assistants
What else do we offer at a small charge?
- Guest rooms for visiting family and friends (subject to availability)
- Laundry facilities
- Bicycle hire
What do you NEED to bring?
All Queen's accommodation is furnished but you will need to bring some items to make it your home. Please note that trips to local supermarkets and Ikea will be arranged during check in week therefore we don't expect you to carry everything in your luggage. You will need to consider bringing these items:
- Basic provisions for the first few days, until you have time to go to the shops.
- Bed linen, including sheets, pillows and duvets or blankets (please note that you can purchase a bedding pack at reception upon your arrival for £30).
- Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils and pots and pans.
- A kitchen pack can be purchased at reception upon your arrival for £35. This includes items such as saucepan, dinner plate, side plate, cereal bowl, mug, knife, fork, tea spoon, slotted spoon, tea towel, tin opener, small vegetable knife and baking tray (please note that if the bedding and kitchen pack are purchased together the total cost is £60).
- Towels and a tea towel.
- Hairdryer and toiletries.
|Cost 2013-14||38 week contract||Weekly|