Guthrie House is suitable for undergraduate students and provides separate accommodation for male and female students. It is in a great location just opposite the main University buildings. This accommodation is purpose-built for students and is divided into six flats, each accommodating 13 or 14 students, with one kitchen and one common room in each flat.
All study bedrooms are bright and spacious and have a washbasin, bed, desk, and wardrobe, plus a television point. Bathrooms are shared by 6–7 students. There are single sex apartments in this accommodation to suit those students who feel more comfortable in that style of living environment. Cleaning of communal areas is carried out on a weekly basis during core teaching periods.
A limited number of rooms in Guthrie are also available to nursing students for short term stays. These rooms are located on the ground floor in mixed male/female apartments.
The postal address for Guthrie House is: Guthrie House, Fitzwilliam Street, Belfast, BT9 6AW.
Some area of this accommodation come with the lifestyle option of:
- Single Sex accommodation (SS)
|Number of Rooms
||Yes - fibre optic broadband
||Yes (small charge)
|Length of Contract
|Short Term (Nurses Only)
What's included in the price:
- Heating, electricity and hot water
- Heating and hot water are at set times:
- Monday-Friday 7:00-9:00am & 5:00-10:00pm (3:30-10:00pm, December-February)
- Saturday/Sunday 9:00-11:00am & 5:00-10:00pm (3:30-10:00pm, December-February)
- Contents insurance through a block insurance scheme
- Internet service provided throughout all Queen's accommodation. A base package includes:-
- A minimum wired internet speed of 16mb to each room
- No download limits or usage charges
- Wi-Fi connectivity in all bedrooms and common areas
- Free access to 4TV; Freeview and International TV channels to view on your laptop
- Gaming support for simultaneous console connections with access to 100 gaming servers and the ability to host tournaments
- More details about this service can be found on the Accommodation website www.stayatqueens.com
- Weekly cleaning of communal areas during core teaching periods.
- Cooker, microwave, oven, toaster, kettle, fridge, freezer.
- Television provided in common rooms (covered by Queen’s University TV licence).
- Prompt repairs and maintenance service.
- Carbon aware low energy equipment and recycling bins.
- 24 hour Reception.
- 24 hour Security.
- Support through Residential Life Coordinators and Residential Assistants.
What else do we offer at a small charge?
- Guest rooms for visiting family and friends (subject to availability)
- Laundry facilities
- Bicycle Hire
What do you NEED to bring?
All Queen's accommodation is furnished but you will need to bring some items to make it your home. Please note that trips to local supermarkets and Ikea will be arranged during check in week therefore we don't expect you to carry everything in your luggage. You will need to consider bringing these items:
Either bring your own kitchen utensils, cutlery and crockery or purchase a kitchen pack from us when applying or on arrival – we don’t expect you to carry everything in your luggage.
Basic provisions for the first few days, until you have time to go to the shops.
Bed linen, including sheets, pillows and duvets or blankets (please note that you can purchase a bedding pack at reception upon your arrival for £30).
Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils and pots and pans
A kitchen pack can be purchased at reception upon your arrival for £35. This includes items such as saucepan, dinner plate, side plate, cereal bowl, mug, knife, fork, tea spoon, slotted spoon, tea towel, tin opener, small vegetable knife and baking tray (please note that if the bedding and kitchen pack are purchased together the total cost is £60.
Towels and a tea towel.
- Hairdryer and toiletries.
|Cost 2013-14||38 week contract||Weekly|