Mount Charles is suitable accommodation for students who want a more independent lifestyle. 38 week contracts are available and the property is situated just a few minutes walk from the main University buildings. Each house accommodates 7–8 students.
The postal address for Mount Charles is: 11-19 Mount Charles, Belfast, BT7 1NY / 26-50 Mount Charles, Belfast, BT7 1NZ
Room Types Available
- Small standard room - smaller than a standard room with a washbasin, bed, desk, wardrobe and storage space.
- Standard room – each bedroom has a washbasin, bed, desk, wardrobe and some storage space.
- Premium room – a limited number of premium rooms are available; they are larger rooms with washbasin, a double bed and bigger study space.
- En suite room – there are a limited number of rooms with an en suite bathroom with a bath instead of a shower.
Kitchens and communal bathrooms are shared by 3–5 students and laundry facilities are available. All students staying in Mount Charles can use the common rooms in numbers 28 and 50 and each common room and every kitchen has a television receiving UK digital and international satellite channels.
Cleaning of communal areas is carried out on a weekly basis during core teaching periods. A pay phone is available in the laundry room in 26 Mount Charles.
|Number of Rooms
||Yes - fibre optic broadband
||Yes (small charge)
|Length of Contract
What's included in the price:
- Heating, electricity and hot water
- Heating and hot water are at set times:
- Monday-Friday 7:00-9:00am & 5:00-10:00pm (3:30-10:00pm, December-February)
- Saturday/Sunday 9:00-11:00am & 5:00-10:00pm (3:30-10:00pm, December-February)
- Contents insurance through a block insurance scheme
- Internet service provided throughout all Queen's accommodation. A base package includes:-
- A minimum wired internet speed of 16mb to each room
- No download limits or usage charges
- Wi-Fi connectivity in all bedrooms and common areasFree access to 4TV; Freeview and International TV channels to view on your laptop
- Gaming support for simultaneous console connections with access to 100 gaming servers and the ability to host tournaments
- More details about this service can be found on the Accommodation website www.stayatqueens.com
- Weekly cleaning of communal areas during core teaching periods
- Cooker, microwave, oven, toaster, kettle, fridge, freezer
- Television in kitchen/common rooms (covered by Queen’s University TV licence)
- Prompt repairs and maintenance service
- 24 hour Reception
- 24 hour Security
- Support through Residential Life Coordinators and Residential Assistants
- Carbon aware low energy equipment and recycling bins
What else do we offer at a small charge?
- Guest rooms for visiting family and friends (subject to availability)
- Bicycle Hire
- Laundry facilities (small charge in 26-50 Mount Charles / 11-19 Mount Charles there is no charge)
What do you NEED to bring?
All Queen's accommodation is furnished but you will need to bring some items to make it your home. Please note that trips to local supermarkets and Ikea will be arranged during check in week therefore we don't expect you to carry everything in your luggage. You will need to consider bringing these items:
Basic provisions for the first few days, until you have time to go to the shops.
Bed linen, including sheets, pillows and duvets or blankets (please note you can purchase a single bedding pack at reception for £30 or £35 for a double bedding pack).
Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils and pots and pans.
A kitchen pack can be purchased at receptionEither bring your own kitchen utensils, cutlery and crockery or purchase a kitchen pack from us when applying or on arrival – we don’t expect you to carry everything in your luggage.
Your own bedding or purchase a bedding pack from us when applying.
- Hairdryer and toiletries.
|Cost 2013-14||38 week contract||Weekly|
|Small Standard Room||
|En suite Room