- To carry out a feasibility study of subterranean arsenic removal in a model village in eastern India with the help of the Indian partners (NML) and the Institute of Environmental Management and Studies, (IEMS)
- To assess crop safety based on field data.
- To establish best practices in the technology delivery system in the context of social, economic and cultural background of the people
- Foster partnerships and create links between European technology providers and local industry / technical service providers thereby sensitising both regions to economic opportunities in this field.
- Provide inputs to guide the development of policies on water management and pollution control with a view to motivating industries to adopt good practices in water use.