DTP - Embed RSS
The following video demonstrates how to add a piece of content to a web page using the DTP - Embed RSS content type.
RSS (Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many sites, including Queen's, syndicate their content as an RSS Feed, enabling whoever wants it to embed it on their own site. It is typically used on news items, events, blogs and publications. RSS feeds allow you to stay informed by retrieving the latest content from the sites you are interested in.
- The key information you will need to create this content type is the RSS feed web address from the site you are embedding content from.
- This video embeds the Queen's RSS feed as its example
- You can embed up to 5 headlines
- The content type looks like this:
Queen's Press Releases
- Leading Cyber Security Expert Delivers Annual Queen’s and KPMG Lecture
- Queen’s University Belfast Leads Largest Study of its Kind to Transform Prostate Cancer Treatment
- First Fifteen: Queen's University Welcomes Lloyd's Scholars in New Partnership
- FinTrU gets down to business at Queen’s Management School