Guidelines for Thesis Submission
Queen’s University’s Guidelines for Thesis Submission
At this stage, it is wise to make yourself aware of the University’s guidelines for thesis layout and formatting:
Text and Layout of the Thesis
The first page of the thesis must include the following:
- Author’s full names
- Degrees held by the author
- Title of Thesis (as approved by the School Postgraduate Research Committee)
- Degree for which it is offered
- School to which it pertains
The Thesis Must:
- Be printed on good quality A4 size paper, single-sided
- Have minimum margins as follows
- Left margin = 4cm (to allow for binding)
- Right, top and bottom margins = 2½ cm
- Have consecutively numbered pages and illustrations
- Have text presented in either one-and-a-half or double-line spacing
- Be bound in a secure spiral or soft binding
- You must also print two copies for PhD, MD and MPhil, and three for Higher Doctorates
- There may be different formatting requirements at School level; further information can be found in your School Handbook, accessible from the Student Gateway.
- Detailed advice on how to submit your thesis is available (complete with submission forms) from .
- Full details of the University’s guidelines for thesis presentation and format can be found in the University’s .
- 'Working With Long Documents' is a particularly practical course to support you in editing long documents such as a thesis and is delivered by the .