News / Events
International Summer School
The programme is three-weeks in duration and runs from 22 July - 9 August, 2013. It is worth around 4 credits and the very affordable fees include teaching, accommodation and fieldtrips. The links above will provide information on how to apply, accommodation, summer school scholarships and more.
Please click on the following link to find out how to apply for Summer School Scholarships
Belfast will be buzzing as students of all ages arrive in the city in July 2013, travelling from as far afield as the USA, Canada, and all over Europe. The programme has participants aged 18 - 60+ hailing from a variety of backgrounds. Students are administrators, teachers and professors as well as undergraduates and postgraduates and those who simply have a passion for Irish history and culture. Come and join us in Belfast for a truly memorable experience!
The Summer School is offered jointly with a Fulbright Commission Summer Institute at Queen's University Belfast.
Hot Topics ...
Have a question about Irish History or studying at Queen's? Have an opinion? Check out the Discussion Forum!!
Latest news ...
- What was life like in Belfast 100 years ago? Take a look at Dr Olwen Purdue's BBC slideshow and podcast on the Belfast workhouse
- Interested in the Easter Rising? Listen to the esteemed Dr Fearghal McGarry discuss the event
- What do you know about the Troubles and the Good Friday Agreement? Check out a lecture by Dr Stuart Aveyard on the subject
- Looking for an interesting book to read? Check out the review of Cliona Rattigan's 'What else could I do?'
- Our Head of School talks about the Famine. Have a listen
- Here's some info for those interested in WWII in Northern Ireland
- Read about 19th-century emigration
- What do you know about Civil Authority (Special Powers) Act? Read here!
- Watch our Professor Liam Kennedy on Canadian tv
- Read about Queen Victoria and her visit to Ireland in August 1849
- Learn about the Williamite Wars
- Read about women at Queen's College Belfast in the early 20th century