News / Events
Studying History at Queen's
What is university life like for a History student at QUB?
Read about some of the Irish History modules taught at Queen's University Belfast
Besides your History module lectures, tutorials, workshops and online Discussion Forums, there's lots to keep you occupied and entertained.
You could, for example, join the Student Historical Society, drop in for a lunchtime dance class, organise or attend one of the many seminars, lectures or conferences within the School, put together a charity event, participate in the School's annual Formal, or even take a field trip abroad!
There is also a Common Room for staff and students in the School. Take a look at some images and interviews in our Encounters in the Common Room section!
And that's just in the School of History and Anthropology! Check out the Prospective Students section of the University website for further details on the fantastic opportunities and facilities here at Queen's.
See our A-Z list of useful terms and key words that you might encounter at university.
You can also read a guide on making the transition to University and read some of the personal experiences of life as a student at Queen’s.
Hot Topics ...
Have a question about Irish History or studying at Queen's? Have an opinion? Check out the Discussion Forum!!
Latest news ...
- What was life like in Belfast 100 years ago? Take a look at Dr Olwen Purdue's BBC slideshow and podcast on the Belfast workhouse
- Interested in the Easter Rising? Listen to the esteemed Dr Fearghal McGarry discuss the event
- What do you know about the Troubles and the Good Friday Agreement? Check out a lecture by Dr Stuart Aveyard on the subject
- Looking for an interesting book to read? Check out the review of Cliona Rattigan's 'What else could I do?'
- Our Head of School talks about the Famine. Have a listen
- Here's some info for those interested in WWII in Northern Ireland
- Read about 19th-century emigration
- What do you know about Civil Authority (Special Powers) Act? Read here!
- Watch our Professor Liam Kennedy on Canadian tv
- Read about Queen Victoria and her visit to Ireland in August 1849
- Learn about the Williamite Wars
- Read about women at Queen's College Belfast in the early 20th century