International Student Photo Competition
18/04/2018 - 14/05/2018
12:00PM - 12:00AM
International Student Support
‘What Belfast means to me’
|1st Place Overall||£150 of Amazon Vouchers|
|People's Choice||£75 of Amazon Vouchers|
|1st Place: Community||£75 of Amazon Vouchers|
|1st Place: Nightlife||£75 of Amazon Vouchers|
|1st Place: Nature||£75 of Amazon Vouchers|
|1st Place: Cityscape||£75 of Amazon Vouchers|
Wednesday 18 April 2018
Monday 14 May 2018
Photographs on display
Wednesday 16 – Friday 25 May 2018
Competition Winners Notified
After Friday 25 May 2018
Photo Submissions are NOW CLOSED
Please visit the Main Tower to view the submissions and vote for your favourite.
The International Student Support (ISS) Photography Competition is open to all current international students, including Study Abroad, Erasmus and Exchange students at Queen’s University Belfast.
- Entrants must have obtained consent of all subjects featured in their ISS Photography Competition submissions prior to submission.
- Photographs must be taken for the purpose of the ISS Photography Competition.
- Submitted photographs must be the work of the entrant, and entrants must be the sole owner of the entire copyright of all images entered. This is the entrants’ responsibility to fulfil this requirement.
- Photographs should be in full colour and of high visual quality. Images should not be digitally manipulated beyond cropping and tone/lighting enhancements. Images should not display frames, text or watermarks. Ideally, the resolution of submitted photographs should be at least 300dpi at A4. Photographs can be in portrait or landscape orientation.
Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering the competition, the entrant consents to Queen’s University Belfast:
- Retaining, printing and publishing their photograph(s) along with their name and course for the purposes of the ISS Photography Competition including, but not limited to, publishing on the University website and social media pages, and displaying their photographs around the University campus.
- Publishing the entrants name, course and photograph(s) without further notice in future materials or publications promoting the University including, but not limited to, the University website, prospectuses or other publications for educational and marketing purposes;
- And storing, processing and retaining data, including entrant’s name, student number and course provided on the application form for the above purposes.
By entering the competition, entrants will be confirming that they have read, understood and agree to the ISS Photography Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions.
Entries will be judged on artistic expressiveness, creativity and on the quality of the image. Judges also reserve the right to consider images on how they relate to their relevant category, and also to the Queen’s University Belfast international student experience in selecting the winners.
For all prizes, the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted, the University reserves the right to offer the prize to another shortlisted entry. Additional prizes may be awarded and/or prizes may be shared at judges' discretion. Judges reserve the right to disqualify entries that do not conform to the stated competition rules.
Prize winners will be notified by email after Friday 25 May 2018 and subsequently announced on various platforms including the University website and social media pages.