Skip to main content

Visas & Immigration

Information & Advice

Our immigration advice and services are carried out in accordance with the UKCISA Codes of Ethics and regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).The OISC regulations cover the management structures, casework procedure and standards of service required to operate at each of the competence levels

This section of our website is designed for non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationals. If you are not from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, then you will be subject to immigration control and you should read these pages carefully. If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss National Seeking Guidance on applying for EU Settlement and Pre-Settlement please see the University's dedicated Brexit webpage below.

Brexit webpage

Studying in the UK


Applying for Your Tier 4 Visa Outside the UK

Students applying from outside the UK.


Extending Your Tier 4 Visa in the UK

Extending your visa in the UK as a student.


Study Visa Options

Study visa options.

Working in the UK

Working in the UK as a Student

Do you have permission to work in the UK as a student?

Start-Up Visa

Information on who is eligible and how to apply.

Doctorate Extension Scheme Visa

What is the Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme?

Travelling in the UK

Visas for Travelling

Explore the UK and further afield.

Standard Visitor Visa

Inviting your friends and family members to stay for less than six months.

Dependant Visa Application

Applying for your family to join you in the UK for more than 6 months.

Tier 4 Visa Information

Student Visas

Tier 4 of the Points Based System.

Tier 4 Restrictions

Find out more.

Entry Clearance

Error Correction Scheme.

Find Out More!

What is the Tier 4 Pilot Scheme?

Tier 4 Visa Pilot Scheme

Queen’s University Belfast is one of 23 universities in the UK which have been selected by the UK Home Office to take part in a scheme which streamlines the visa application process for certain Masters degree students. You are eligible for this service if you are applying to study a full time Masters programme starting in or after September 2018, which lasts for 13 months or less.

Find out more

Academic Technology Approval Scheme


If you are a national of any country outside the UK or EU/EEA/Switzerland and you are intending to undertake a postgraduate course in certain science, engineering or technology disciplines you must obtain an ATAS certificate before you can apply for entry clearance to come to the UK.

Find out more

Lost or Stolen Passport or BRP

What do I do if my passport or BRP is lost or stolen?

If you lose your passport and/or BRP card while you are travelling outside the UK or inside the UK the following information should help you identify the next steps you need to take.

Click here

International Visitor Registration

Am I required to register with the police upon arrival?

Find out if you are required to register with the police within 7 days of picking up your Biometric Residence Permit.

More information

Republic of Ireland

Do I need a visa to enter the Republic of Ireland?

If you want to enter Ireland, you may reqiuire a visa. Find out more by clicking below.

More information

International Student Support

ISS Webpage

Get in Touch

Email us