International Student Support

Visas for Travelling

During your time at Queen's we hope you will take the opportunity to travel to other countries.  You may decide to do this during vacation periods for tourist purposes, or you might go on a field trip with your School.  Travelling will widen your knowledge and understanding of other cultures and enhance your experience in the UK.  You should not travel during term time unless it is part of your studies.

If you will be travelling, you may not need a visa (depending on your nationality). For further information about this, and to find out whether you will need a visa, please contact the country's embassy in the UK to find out more information on how to apply and what you will require.

Please note, International Student Support are unable to provide visa advice for countries outside of the UK, including the Republic of Ireland.