Dr Stephanie Bertet
Tel: +44 28 9097 4457
Address: School of Creative Arts, Sonic Arts Research Centre, Queen's University Belfast,
- Spatial Audio in
- Psychoacoustics (BSc 3rd year)
- Acoustics (BSc 2nd year)
Achievements and Distinctions
Stephanie gained her PhD in 3D sound reproduction through study at OrangeLabs (Lannion, France), the Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique (IRCAM, Paris France) and the Institut National des Sciences Appliquées (INSA, Lyon France). She graduated in march 2009.
She has a technological background (BSc in electronic and signal processing and MSc in acoustics) and tends to apply it to perceptive studies.
Before coming to SARC, she was involved in a virtual reality based tinnitus research project with IRCAM and the Hopital Européen Georges Pompidou (Paris, France). She joined the research and teaching staff at SARC in October 2009.
- 3D sound
- Sound perception
- Listening experiments and sound system evaluation
- Alain Londero, Isabelle Viaud-Delmon, Alexis Baskind, Olivier Delerue, Stéphanie Bertet, Pierre Bonfils, Olivier Warusfel, Auditory and visual 3D virtual reality therapy for chronic subjective tinnitus: theoretical framework. Virtual Reality, vol14 Number 2, June 2010
- S. Bertet, Formats audio 3D hiérarchiques : caractérisation objective et perceptive des systèmes Ambionics d’ordres supérieurs. PhD thesis. March 2009.
- R. Nicol, J. Daniel, M. Emerit, G. Pallone, D. Virette, N. Chetry, P. Guillon, S. Bertet, Le son 3D dans toutes ses dimensions. Acoustique et Techniques n° 52. 2008.
- Michael Gurevich, Dónal Donohoe, Stéphanie Bertet, Ambisonic spatialization for networked music performance. 17th International Conference on Auditory Display, June 2011
- S. Bertet, J. Daniel, E. Parizet and O. Warusfel. Influence of microphone and loudspeaker setup on perceived Higher Order Ambisonics reproduced sound field. 1st Ambisonics Symposium, Graz, Austria. June 2009.
- S. Bertet, A. Baskind, A. Londero, O. Warusfel, I Viaud-Delmon, P. Bonfils. Definition of a procedure for creating a synthetic tinnitus auditory image. 3rd Tinnitus Research Initiative Meeting, Stresa, Italy. June 2009 (abstract).
- S. Bertet, J. Daniel, E. Parizet and O. Warusfel, Investigation on the restitution system influence over perceived Higher Order Ambisonics sound field: a subjective evaluation involving from 1st to 4th order systems. Acoustics’ 08 congress, Paris. May 2008 (abstract).
- S. Bertet, J. Daniel, E. Parizet, L. Gros and O. Warusfel, Investigation of the perceived spatial resolution of higher order ambisonic sound fields : a subjective evaluation involving virtual and real 3D microphones. 30th Audio Engineering Society conférence, Saariselkä, Finland. March 2007.
- S. Moreau, J. Daniel, S. Bertet, 3D Sound Field Recording with Higher Order Ambisonics – Objective Measurements and Validation of a 4th order Spherical Microphone. 120th Audio Engineering Society convention, Paris. May 2006.