Applying your research to policy agendas
19 February 2014
9.30 am - 1.00 pm
Researchers who are interested in using the results of their research beyond academia to influence policy makers/service providers in the public, private and community and voluntary sectors. The course will focus primarily on social sciences-type research, rather than technical sciences.
- Session 1: Power and Influence
- Session 2: What's special about your Research
- Session 3: Influencing the Influencers
- Session 4: Hints and Tips
- To enable staff to identify the key entities they wish to influence
- To examine how to influence positively
- To have produced an action plan by the end of the session on the key steps they need to take in order that their research influences policy
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol then click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff.
Communication Skills, Research and Enterprise Skills
Influencing, Policy, Government, Research, Engagement, Impact
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit