12 September 2012
18 October 2012
29 November 2012
10 January 2013
13 February 2013
13 March 2013
24 April 2013
29 May 2013
9.15am - 4.45pm
Attendance at this 1-day course for all staff involved in the recruitment and selection process is mandatory. Staff should attend this course if they are to be involved on a selection panel in the foreseeable future and have not received training in selection interviewing before. This training is not designed for those seeking to gain experience as an interview candidate.
- Overview of effective selection
- Fairness and Equal Opportunities
- Questioning, and interviewing skills
- Queen's University appointments procedures
- Places on this course are usually in demand, please register to attend training well in advance as training places may not be available at short notice prior to a panel;
- Contact the personnel team coordinating your selection panel for advice if you have queries whether you need to receive this training or if you cannot secure a training place in time;
- This training is not designed for those seeking to gain experience as an interview candidate.
The University, as a matter of good practice and as part of its Human Resources policies, has undertaken to train all staff involved in the recruitment and selection process.
The course will include: the skills required for the task, reviewing the implications of Equal Opportunities in relation to recruitment and Queen’s procedures which must be adhered to by panel members.
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol
then click on iTrent training link in the list of services for staff
Human Resources/Personnel Events, Leadership, Management and Supervisory
All Staff, Academic, Academic Related
Recruitment, Interviews, Interviewing, Selection
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit