RefWorks for Science and Engineering
RefWorks is a bibliographic management service that enables you to create a personal database of references, automatically format citations and compile instant bibliographies. This can save you hours spent interpreting citing and referencing styles and typing citations and references.
This tailored version of the general RefWorks course focuses on the databases and referencing styles specific to science and engineering. The content is as follows:
- Creating an account
- Importing references directly from a database and a file
- Inputting references manually
- Creating folders and organizing references
- Deleting duplicate records
- Producing a bibliography in a Microsoft Word document
- Using RefWorks with other bibliographic management services
Experience of using Windows and the web, searching the Library's bibliographic databases and using Microsoft Word.
Register for a course via Queen’s Online: http://www.qol.qub.ac.uk
. Then, click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff.
Library Training for Academic and Research Staff
refworks, library, databases, web, internet, bibliographic management system, citing, referencing, bibliographies
Course Contact Details