RefWorks is a bibliographic management service that enables you to create a personal database of references, automatically format citations and compile instant bibliographies. This can save you hours spent interpreting citing and referencing styles and typing citations and references.
This introductory course will include demonstrations and practical work and the content is as follows:
- Creating an account
- Importing references directly from a database and a file
- Inputting references manually
- Creating folders and organizing references
- Deleting duplicate records
- Producing a bibliography in a Microsoft Word document
- Using RefWorks with other bibliographic management services
It is essential that participants have experience of using Windows and the web, the Library's databases and Microsoft Word.
Register for a course via Queen’s Online: http://www.qol.qub.ac.uk
. Then, click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff.
Library Training for Academic and Research Staff
refworks, library, databases, web, internet, bibliographic management system, citing, referencing, bibliographies
Course Contact Details