6 October 2014
31 March 2015
9.15 am - 1.00 pm
Staff who have previously attended the course 'Effective Minute Taking' and who service committees, or will do so in the future, and wish to brush up on or acquire committee servicing.
- Understanding the University's committee structure - purpose and formal responsibilities of a committee
- Understanding formats and procedures
- The role of a committee secretary
- Constructing and writing an agenda for committee meetings
- Preparation of papers for consideration by a committee
- Working with the committee Chair - giving support to the Chair and gaining co-operation
- Undertaking action in relation to decisions taken by a committee
To investigate ways of making the process of committee servicing more effective and efficient.
Staff must have previously attended Effective Minute Taking.
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol - Select the iTrent training link in the list of services for staff
Administrative Skills, Communication Skills
All Staff, Clerical and Library Assistants
Secretarial, Clerical, Planning, Chairperson, Papers, Agenda, Committees, Organisation
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit