Developing for Success: Finance for non Financial Managers
5 June 2014
9.30 am - 4.30 pm
Mid-level managers/leaders and professional specialists in both academic (Grade AC2 and above) and professional support staff groups (Academic related grade 7 and above).
Key areas to be addressed include:
- Understanding the academic and financial planning cycle
- Understanding the budgeting process, budgetary control and monitoring
- Managing the budget to ensure delivery of objectives
- Understanding and interpreting financial statements
- Effectively using and monitoring financial resources
- Prioritising and adapting financial resources where necessary
- Ensuring maximum value is delivered for resources deployed
- Planning for contingency and business continuity
To develop staff in the core Queen’s behaviour of achieving results (through using and managing financial resources). For those non financial staff who would like to better understand how to demonstrate good financial practice.
This course will be offered in conjunction with Queen's Finance Directorate and is designed to support staff with their financial responsibilities within the context of Queen's systems.
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol then click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff
Leadership, Management and Supervisory
Academic, Academic Related
Finance, Financial, Accounts, Financial Statements, Budget, Resources
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit