Developing for Success: Presenting with Impact
10 March 2016
9.30 am - 4.30 pm
Mid-level managers/leaders and professional specialists in both academic (Grade AC2 and above) and professional support staff groups (Academic related grade 7 and above).
Places are limited to 10 delegates maximum
Key areas to be addressed include:
- Conveying a professional image in a variety of situations - client meetings, staff meetings, formal/informal presentations
- Developing self confidence when presenting a message to an audience
- Planning the key message to achieve impact
- Structuring the message/presentation
- Use visual aids effectively, avoiding "Death by PowerPoint"
- Establishing and maintaining audience attention
- Dealing effectively with questions/objectives
- Use of voice and body language
To develop staff in the core Queen's behaviour of effective presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
Participate in this practical workshop to learn how to win the hearts and minds of your audience, control your nerves and present your message confidently and effectively.
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff
Leadership, Management and Supervisory
Academic, Academic Related
Presenting, Presentation, Confidence, Speaking, Image
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit