Developing for Success: Communicating Effectively
3 May 2017
9.15 am - 1.15 pm
Mid-level managers/leaders and professional specialists in both academic (Grade AC2 and above) and professional support staff groups (Academic related grade 7 and above).
Key areas to be addressed include:
- Communicating a clear message
- Understanding & overcoming barriers to effective communication
- Choosing the correct channel of communication to suit the situation
- Using effective communication to manage relationships, cope with different personalities
- Checking your message is understood
- Making effective use of non verbal communication
- Understanding the value of communication to team effectiveness
To develop staff in the core Queen’s behaviour of communicating effectively.
This practical course will encourage you to understand your role in setting the standard for communication. Learn techniques that may help you communicate clearly via the correct channel with all levels of staff in a variety of situations.
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff
Leadership, Management and Supervisory
Academic, Academic Related
Communicate, Communication, Speaking, Understanding, Leadership
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit