Developing for Success: Creative Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making
26 March 2013
9.30 am - 4.30 pm
Mid-level managers/leaders and professional specialists in both academic (Grade AC3 and above) and professional support staff groups (Academic related grade 8 and above).
Key areas to be addressed include:
- Understanding the background to creativity, innovation and imitation
- Thinking creatively about problems
- Be introduced to and practice applying problem solving tools and techniques
- Exploring the appropriate structures that can be used to make informed, objective decisions
- Practise applying decision making approaches to particular situations
Additional Information PDF:
To develop target audience in the core Queen’s behaviour of achieving results (through clarifying problems, thinking creatively to generate solutions).
This course introduces practical tools and techniques that can be used effectively to help clarify problems and create solutions within the context of project work, for facilitating group discussions or in team meetings.
This will help managers and leaders get the most from their team, achieve objectives, identify opportunities and achieve cost-savings.
Participate in this interactive workshop and apply a number of techniques to your own personal circumstances as well as plan immediate actions.
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol
then click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff
Leadership, Management and Supervisory
Academic, Academic Related
Creativity, Thinking, Ideas, Problems, Problem Solving, Solutions, Decisions
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit