Developing for Success: Developing your Strategic Focus
20 October 2015
9.30 am - 4.30 pm
Mid-level managers/leaders and professional specialists in both academic (Grade AC2 and above) and professional support staff groups (Academic related grade 7 and above).
Key areas to be addressed include:
- Understanding the long term goals of the University and their own school/departments challenges to meet those goals
- Applying strategic thinking tools to understand the University and their school/dept within its environment
- Applying strategic planning techniques and tools to translate and communicate strategic focus into realistic objectives for others
- Understanding the key factors in implementing and communicating their strategic goals to others
- Planning and implementing strategic objectives in line with University policy and procedures
To develop staff in the core Queen's behaviour of leading others.
For those staff who would like to find out more about what strategy means and understand their personal responsibility in giving purpose and direction to others.
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff
Leadership, Management and Supervisory
Academic, Academic Related
Strategy, Planning, Goals, Objectives, Strategic, Leadership
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit