Preparing for Retirement (2 day course)
A waiting list will be compiled for this course via iTrent. A date will be scheduled if there is sufficient interest.
This two-day course is designed for any member of staff who may be reaching retirement - soon or within approximately 3 years. Participants will be encouraged to develop a positive attitude to retirement by considering the effect of this major change in their lives.
At the end of the course participants will -
- Have prioritised areas of their lives that they need to consider in planning for their retirement.
- Have considered social and personal issues relating to retirement.
- Have considered opportunities for self-employment, further education, voluntary work as well as hobbies and interests.
- Have increased awareness of the importance of planning a healthy lifestyle.
- Have information and on understanding of State Benefits, Superannuation and financial planning.
- Life in retirement - part 1
- Your pension and state benefits
- Protecting your assets (family, estate, inheritance, long term care)
- Healthy lifestyle
- Options for the future
- Money management
- University perspective
- Planning for the future
- Life in retirement - part 2
This course considers the whole picture represented by retirement, celebrating the positive aspects and working to reduce the negative aspects. Participants will also receive relevant financial information to help them make informed decisions about the future. The aim is to plan and prepare for retirement and consider the impact of this major change in your life.
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol
then click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff
Personal and Career Development
Retirement, Retirement Planning
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit