Developing for Success: Coaching Skills for Managers
1 December 2015
9.30 am - 3.00 pm
Mid-level managers/leaders and professional specialists in both academic (Grade AC2 and above) and professional support staff groups (Academic related grade 7 and above).
Key areas to be addressed include:
- The role of coaching and the benefits it brings to the workplace
- Identifying opportunities for coaching for work performance/development
- Using appropriate techniques to conduct a coaching conversation with an outcome
- Providing effective feedback in a structured and professional manner to improve performance
To develop staff in the core Queen’s behaviour of developing others.
Participate in this workshop and learn the practical skills to enable you to conduct a coaching conversation.
The main objectives are to:
- introduce coaching as a management/leadership style
- understand what coaching is and when it is appropriate to use it
- appreciate the benefits of coaching as a method of increasing performance and developing people
- introduce skills to help develop a coaching style of management/leadership
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff
Leadership, Management and Supervisory
Academic, Academic Related
Coaching, Leadership, Conversation, Outcomes, Development
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit