This programme was successfully piloted in 2008-09 and will run again this academic year for the sixth time. Participants have found the course very useful in dealing with day to day supervisory duties. The course has also helped staff to gain confidence and stretch them in their role as a supervisor. The course is suitable for staff already in a supervisory role.
The programme will be run in conjunction with Time Associates who will deliver the programme and facilitate the accreditation process.
The following ILM modules will be covered:
· Building a Winning Team
· How to be a Brilliant People Person
· Delegation, Motivation and Understanding People
· Finding Creative Solutions to Problems
· Developing High Performance People
· Mastering Change and Handling Difficult People
· Communicating for Business
The accredited programme will require participants to attend an introductory team building day, 10 half days training plus 3 half day action learning sessions, as well as submitting a work-based assignment which will be selected in conjunction with their line manager.
Participation is via a nomination process by managers which will be promoted in due course.