Date: 21 October 2015 RESCHEDULED TO 14 October 2015
Time: 2.00 pm – 4.30 pm
Additional course on: 20 January 2016, 2.00 pm–4.30 pm
20 participants maximum
- The role of a demonstrator
- What makes for effective demonstrating?
- Planning, preparation and organisation
- Methods for small group work in the laboratory
- Communication skills for demonstrators
Designed for: Those involved with laboratory teaching in Engineering, Science and Health Sciences, in particular laboratory demonstrators and academic and research staff with responsibility for laboratory teaching.
Aim: To explore methods of teaching in laboratories, drawing on practical experience.
Registration is via Queen’s Online (In the navigation under My Services, select Other then Training Courses).
Teaching and/or Supporting Student Learning
Teaching, Student Learning, Laboratory, Demonstrating
Course Contact Details
Centre for Educational Development
028 9097 1447