Preparing and Giving Lectures (Part 1)
Date: 15 October 2014
Time: 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Additional course on: 28 January 2015, 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm
16 participants maximum
- learning outcomes for lectures
- planning, preparation and methods of organisation
- developing teaching aids: PowerPoint, hand-outs
- communication skills: clarity of delivery, pace, signposts, summarising, handling question/answer sessions
- facilitating student learning and encouraging participation
- obtaining student feedback
It is recommended that participants also take Part 2 of this course, which is a practical session on lecturing (see below).
Designed for: Academic staff, research staff, teaching assistants
- to explore methods of planning, preparing and organising lectures for groups of various sizes
- to discuss effective communication strategies for lecturing
- to develop an awareness of student learning within a lecture context.
Registration is via Queen’s Online (In the navigation under My Services, select Other then Training Courses).
Teaching and/or Supporting Student Learning
Teaching, Student Learning, Preparing Lectures, Giving Lectures, Tips on Lecturing, Theory of Lecturing
Course Contact Details
Centre for Educational Development
028 9097 1447