Using Audio to Enhance Teaching and Learning
Date: 9 January 2013 -- 8 x 30 minute periods over 8 weeks.
Time: This course will be provided online through a series of weekly video podcasts and tutorials.
Each week a video podcast will be made available and integrated with a tutorial. The topics covered will be practical and related to the production of audio for teaching purposes. The content will include:
- using free software to help record and edit audio recordings to a good standard
- ensuring the audio is in the correct format to share with your students
- providing examples of how staff may wish to record audio for their students
- suggesting activities where students may be encouraged to create audio themselves
- discussing the advantages and disadvantages of using audio and raising awareness of the practical and legal issues associated with its use.
In the latter part of the course, there will be anopportunity for participants to use their newly acquired knowledge to create a short audio recording and share it with others for review.
Staff interested in learning how to record audio and integrate it into their teaching and learning.
Prerequisites: A knowledge of how to listen to audio on a computer.
Registration is via Queen’s Online (In the navigation under My Services, select Other then Training Courses).
Teaching and/or Supporting Student Learning
Teaching, Student Learning, Audio, Video, Podcast,
Course Contact Details
Centre for Educational Development
028 9097 1447