Motivating the Team for Supervisory Staff
9 May 2014
9.15 am – 1.00 pm
This course is designed for all support staff who have line management and supervisory responsibility. It will help staff influence their team in a positive manner.
We all have our ups and downs, good days and bad days. It is therefore important that we recognize that we can influence others in a positive light and make a difference in the workplace.
Key areas to be addressed include:
- The impact of change on our lives
- Understanding intrinsic and extrinsic motivators
- What is my influence on my team and how do I apply it?
- Motivation and organisational culture
- Motivation and your behaviour. How to manage it positively.
The aim of this course is to develop understanding and a skill set in order to influence the levels of motivation within the team.
The course will help you:
- Understand how you can influence others on a daily basis
- Know what is really needed by your team members and how can you provide it
- Be positive and get the best out of your staff
- Understand the negative impact of a “demotivated team” and how to change it
- Monito motivational levels in others
Register for a course via Queen's Online: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol then click on iTrent training link in the list of services for staff
Leadership, Management and Supervisory
Supervision, Management, Personal Development, Motivation, Setting Goals, Confidence
Course Contact Details
Staff Training and Development Unit