14 May 2015
9.30 am - 1.00 pm
Research & Enterprise Offices, University Road
Academic and Research staff and PhD students
Do you want to learn more about undertaking public engagement in your research?
This event will provide researchers with the resources and time to develop their knowledge and plan for public engagement activity. You will have time to consider how researchers can work in partnership with a wide range of audiences and develop public engagement activities around your research.
During the session you will hear from people who have worked with Queen’s researchers and the impact this has had on research. You will learn how impact case studies for REF2014 were drafted and reviewed. There will also be a number of practical exercises for you to complete around your research and public engagement.
National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement: http://www.publicengagement.ac.uk/
1. Participants will increase understanding of public engagement
2. Participants will review examples of public engagement
3. Participants will review their public engagement activity to date
4. Participants will reflect on how their research can link into public engagement activities
5. Participants will begin planning future public engagement activities.
Register for a course via Queen's Online: www.qol.qub.ac.uk then click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff