11 December 2013
9.30 am - 1.00 pm
Postgraduate Student Centre, Seminar Room 3
Academic and Research staff and PhD students
Do you want to learn more about public engagement that is happening at Queen’s?
This event will provide researchers with the resources and time to develop their knowledge and plan for public engagement activity. You will have time to consider how your research can link into public engagement activities involving a wide range of audiences.
During the session you will hear from Professor Tony Gallagher on the role of Public Engagement in the research impact agenda and examples of public engagement activity undertaken by Queen’s researchers. There will also be a number of practical exercises for you to complete around your research and public engagement.
1. Participants will increase understanding of public engagement
2. Participants will review examples of public engagement
3. Participants will review their public engagement activity to date
4. Participants will reflect on how their research can link into public engagement activities
5. Participants will begin planning future public engagement activities.
Register for a course via Queen's Online: www.qol.qub.ac.uk then click on iTrent Training link in the list of services for staff