Are you a social scientist with innovative research ideas that could be developed into a business or social enterprise?
The ARC Accelerator programme provides entrepreneurial business modelling and presentation skills along with up to £50,000 for Social Sciences researchers to turn bright ideas into ventures.
The ARC Accelerator is a first-of-its-kind opportunity specifically designed to help social science academics and researchers to develop ideas based on their research into businesses or ventures to help people, society and the economy. ARC is run by the Aspect Network and as a new member of Aspect, Queen’s is holding a competitive call for potential QUB participants on the programme.
ARC Accelerator is a 6-month programme and successful applicants will benefit from:
- A half-day Business Canvas support session to explore and build out their idea (December 2020)
- A virtual training boot-camp spread over 3 weeks led by industry experts to develop key entrepreneurial skills
- Specialised, sector specific training, access to experts who have been there before, access to investors and access to networks
- Dedicated mentorship support to help validate your idea, develop the business model, and support your pitch for funding investment
- Access to business and investor networks across UKHE
The programme concludes with a chance to pitch for up to £50,000 in prize money* (June 2021)
If you would like further information on the call and how to apply, please contact Kevin Fearon on firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 7 December 2020, after which you will be asked to make a 5 minute presentation to a Queen’s panel before Friday 11 December 2020. Please note, this call is to identify any potential Queen’s participants, and any successful proposals will be put forward to Aspect for a final selection process.