To qualify for an international scholarship, students must first apply for, and receive an admission for 2018 entry to a degree programme at Queen’s University Belfast and meet the eligibility criteria below:
- Students must be self-funded.
- Students must be classified as international fee paying students paying the international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this scheme. Students paying NI/GB/EU fees are not eligible for international scholarships.
- Students must hold an offer of a place on a full-time programme at the Queen’s University Belfast campus, starting in the academic year 2018-19 and meet any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter.
- Students studying on a part-time basis, or on foundation degrees or distance learning programmes, or any other programme with non-standard fee rates are not eligible for these scholarships.
- Where Queen’s University Belfast has agreed discounted tuition fees with partner institutions, those students benefiting from these arrangements will not be eligible for an international scholarship, with the exception of VC’s International Attainment Scholarship.
- Students in receipt of full funding from external sponsorship bodies will not be eligible for an international scholarship, with the exception of VC’s International Attainment Scholarship.
- Candidates must be able to finance the remainder of tuition fees and living expenses.
- International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship. Students can however use their scholarship in conjunction with the Early-Bird reward discount.
- With the exception of Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarships, scholarships are applicable exclusively in the first year of entry on a new programme.
Please note that international scholarships are NOT available for the following programmes:
- Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Agricultural Technology, Theology
- Postgraduate: PG Certificate and PG Diploma programmes, MTh Theology, All Queen's Management Postgraduate Taught programmes
- ALL Distance Learning programmes, foundation degree programmes and non-standard fee courses.
- External PhD programmes where students only undertake part of their research at Queen’s University.
- Higher Doctorates - Doctor of Divinity (DD), Doctor of Laws (LLD), Doctor of Letters (DLitt), Doctor of Science (DSc), Doctor of Science (Economics) (DSc(Econ)), Doctor of Science, (Education) (DSc(Ed)) and Doctor of Social Science (DSSc)
- PhD programmes by Published Works
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarships will be deducted from the tuition fee payable to Queen’s upon enrolment in 2018-2019.
- Students must register on their degree programme by the start date outlined in their offer.
- Scholarships may not be deferred to the following academic year.
- Students must request authorisation from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study. Where changes are made without authorisation being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- Students who are offered and accept their scholarship must agree to participate in ambassadorial duties, such as assisting with campus tours, providing student testimonials, assisting at recruitment events etc. Information on specific duties will be provided by the International Office at a Scholarship Awardee event which will be held in the first semester of study.
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards and regulations at its sole discretion.
- In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programmes at Queen’s University, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award. This will be the scholarship award for the course onto which they enrol in the 2018-19 academic year.
Vice-Chancellor’s Attainment Scholarship
- In the case of the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship, candidates must return a completed scholarship application form by 23.59 on 15 May for PG applications and 23.59 on 08 June for UG applications.
- Candidates must have FIRMLY accepted their offer of a study place starting in September 2018.
- Where applicable, candidates are annually required to achieve the grade / percentage indicated in their Award letter in order to benefit from the scholarship for the subsequent year of study.
For further information on scholarships please contact the International Office at email@example.com +44 (0) 28 9097 5088