GREAT Scholarship 2022 for applicants from Mexico
Course: MSc Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Open to applicants from: Mexico
Value of Scholarship: £10,000
Biotechnology is the exploitation of living systems or molecules from them for commercial gain. Although the word 'biotechnology' is only a few decades old, humankind has been using biotechnology for millennia, for example in baking, brewing and sewage treatment. Modern biotechnologies rely on our increasing ability to manipulate organisms at the genetic level and include novel waste treatments and bioremediations, new pharmaceuticals, the exploitation of enzymes in 'green catalysis' and exciting new diagnostic techniques. In the 20th century our lives were transformed by information technology; the 21st century may see an equally great transformation, but this time led by biotechnology.
This Masters degree aims to teach the fundamental molecular bioscience underpinning biotechnology along with examples of its current applications. In addition, fundamental biological research skills are taught and students are given an understanding of bio-entrepreneurship. The degree culminates in a three-month, intensive research project in a laboratory in Queen's, thus preparing graduates for a career in research biotechnology.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Mexico.
- Be available to start your academic studies at Queen’s by the start of the academic year in September 2022.
- Meet the eligibility criteria of your selected programme:
- Have applied for and been offered a full-time place at Queen’s on your selected programme. Details on how to apply can be found on our website here.
- Not have been awarded a full or partial scholarship, studentship, or other government award to complete their studies.
- Read and confirmed acceptance of the GREAT scholarship terms and conditions.
- Note that a deposit will be required to secure your place on the programme.
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: Read and confirm you meet the eligibility criteria as listed above.
STEP 2: Make an application to your programme of choice via our online applications portal. Candidates should note the closing date for GREAT applications is 31 May 2022 and therefore candidates must apply for admission at least 4 weeks in advance of this date to allow sufficient time for a decision to be processed.
STEP 3: Receive an offer to study on your programme of choice and make your deposit payment. More information on paying your deposit will be issued in your offer letter and further details can be found on our website here.
STEP 4: Apply for the GREAT Scholarship
DEADLINE FOR GREAT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS 31 MAY 2022.
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of June 2022.
Queries regarding MSc Molecular Biology and Biotechnology mailto:email@example.com
General questions about Scholarships mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org