4 awards of £5,000 towards tuition fees for the first year of undergraduate study
At Queen’s we offer a world-class education that prepares our students for leadership and citizenship in a global society. This award is available to students from the USA and Canada who will be starting their full-time undergraduate degree at Queen’s University Belfast in September 2022. The award is for high achieving students who can also demonstrate a commitment to leadership within their local or global community.
- £5,000 reduction in year 1 tuition fees
- Automatic appointment as North America student ambassador
- Exclusions apply
- Application necessary
Queen’s is committed to attracting and developing the best global talent. This award is specifically targeted at future leaders – students who are interested in tackling global challenges and who are already making their mark in the world through sport, community work, volunteering or even extra-curricular hobbies such as blogging. Whatever your passion, if you are making a difference then we want to hear from you!
To be considered for this award, you must apply to Queen’s University Belfast for an undergraduate programme by 18th February 2022 – applications via UCAS or Direct will be accepted. You must also complete a separate application submission for this award. The following criteria will be used to determine eligibility:
- Your academic standing
- Your commitment and contribution to local and/or global community
- A reference from a relevant school/community/societal leader
Scholarship Deadline: 15:00 GMT 4 March 2022
Terms and conditions apply
TERMS & CONDITIONS NORTH AMERICA FUTURE LEADERS AWARD 2022/23
- This award is exclusively for new International students.
- Students must have applied to Queen’s University and have received an offer of study for a place on a full-time undergraduate programme at the Queen’s University Belfast campus, starting in the academic year 2022/23 and prior to commencement of study have met any academic conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter. Exclusions apply – see point 10 below.
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the international tuition fee rate with their Domicile being the USA or Canada in order to be considered for this scholarship. Students paying NI/GB/EU fees are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Deadline to apply for the North America Future Leaders Award is 15:00 GMT 4 March 2022.
- The scholarship is awarded for the first year of study only, and is deducted from gross tuition fees upon enrolment. The scholarship cannot be used in lieu of any required deposit and no cash alternative is available.
- Any North America Future Leaders Award is for entry to Queen’s University Belfast in the academic year 2022/23 and cannot be used for 2023/24 entry or any other year.
- If you wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred.
- Students must be self-funded. Students in receipt of educational loans (e.g. FAFSA applicants or students wishing to utilise 529 plans) are classified as self-funded and are NOT excluded from this award.
- If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship/scholarship body such as Government, a charity or a private organisation you will not be eligible for an the North America Future Leaders Award.
- The following programmes are excluded from eligibility for the North America Future Leaders Award:
- Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Agricultural Technology, Theology, Law
- ALL Distance Learning programmes, foundation degree programmes and non-standard fee courses, including part-time programmes.
- All Study Abroad programmes i.e. visiting study programmes that are not degree conferring
- Students must request authorisation from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study. Where changes are made without authorisation being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programmes at Queen’s University Belfast, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award. This will be the scholarship award for the course onto which they enrol in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Applicants may apply and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast but if successful would receive the higher of the awards (with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant).
- International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship except the Early Confirmation Award where eligible.
- The University is unable to consider requests for increased and/or further funding. The amount of scholarship offered is non-negotiable.
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.