Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship 2022/23 - Postgraduate Taught
Four scholarships offering a 50% reduction on full tuition fees are available to exceptionally talented international students paying international tuition fee rates who will be starting their full-time postgraduate taught studies at Queen’s University Belfast in the academic year 2022/23.
- 50% reduction on full tuition fees paid for all years of a programme, up to a maximum of two years
- Four awards are available.
- Online application and video submission required
Applicants can only apply and be considered for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship-Postgraduate Taught after they have been offered a place to study on their chosen eligible programme and have FIRMLY accepted their offer. Applications cannot be considered in advance of applicants meeting these two criteria.
Deadline 15:00 BST 10 May 2022
Terms and conditions apply
Applicants should ensure adequate time is allowed for the sending of their video submission. Depending on the format of the video there may be some delay in the receipt of your application. Only those submissions received within the deadline will be considered.
Terms and Conditions Vice Chancellor's International Attainment Scholarship 2022/23 - Postgraduate
- Students must hold an offer for a place on a full-time eligible postgraduate taught programme starting in the academic year 2022/23 at the Queen’s University Belfast campus which has been confirmed as their FIRM choice, and prior to commencement of study have met any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter. Exclusions apply – see point 9 below.
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the full international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this discount. Students paying NI/GB/EU fees are not eligible for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship-Postgraduate Taught.
- The scholarship will provide 50% of the cost of tuition fees and is awarded each year for up to a maximum of two years and is deducted annually from gross tuition fees upon enrolment.
- To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must complete the online application form and submit a video as detailed on the application form within the deadline.
- The Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship-Postgraduate Taught awarded is for entry to Queen’s University Belfast in the academic year 2022/23 and cannot be used for 2023/24 entry or any other year.
- If you wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred.
- Students must be self-funded.
- If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship body such as Government, a charity or a private organisation you will not be eligible for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship- Postgraduate Taught.
- The following programmes are excluded from eligibility for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship - Postgraduate Taught:
> PG Certificate and PG Diploma programmes, MTh Theology
> ALL Distance Learning programmes, foundation degree programmes and non-standard fee courses, including part-time programmes. With the exception of all Queen’s Management Postgraduate Taught Programmes.
- Students must request authorisation from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study. Where changes are made without authorisation being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programmes at Queen’s University, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award. This will be the scholarship award for the course onto which they enrol in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Applicants may apply and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast but if successful would receive the Higher of the awards with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant.
- International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship.
- The University is unable to consider requests for increased and/or further funding. The amount of scholarship offered is non-negotiable.
- The University’s decision regarding successful scholars of the programme is final, and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.