Queen's Excellence Award 2022/23
This merit-based award is exclusive to new International Students who will commence a full-time and full duration undergraduate programme in the academic year 2022/23. Eligible students who achieve a 75% GPA in the academic year 2022/23 will be awarded a merit-based award in the subsequent academic year 2023/24. Exceptional students who maintain a minimum GPA of 75% will receive this award in consecutive years.
This merit-based award is exclusive to new International Students who achieve a minimum GPA of 75% in the academic year 2022/23 at Queen's University Belfast.
No separate application for this scholarship is required. If you achieve a 75% GPA at the end of the academic year 2022/23 and meet the eligibility criteria as set out in these terms & conditions, you will automatically be awarded a Queen’s Excellence Award following enrolment in the next year of your undergraduate programme.
Award Value £2000
Application is not required
Terms and conditions apply
Terms and Conditions Queen's Excellence Award 2022/23
- The Queen's Excellence Award is exclusive to new international students commencing an undergraduate programme in 2022/23.
- The Queen’s Excellence Award is available exclusively to new International Students who have enrolled on an eligible full-time and full duration undergraduate programme at the Queen’s University Belfast campus from September 2022. Exclusions apply – see point 10 below
- Students must achieve a GPA of at least 75% on an eligible full-time and full duration undergraduate programme in the academic year 2022/23 at the Queen’s University Belfast campus.
- The Queen’s Excellence Award may be awarded more than once in the course of an eligible undergraduate programme. Exceptional students who maintain a minimum GPA of 75% will receive this award in consecutive years.
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the full international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this discount. Students paying NI/GB/ROI fees are not eligible for the Queen’s Excellence Award.
- The Queen's Excellence Award is exclusive to students on eligible full duration undergraduate programmes - students from International Year One or articulation partnership agreements or similar are not eligible for this award.
- The £2000 award is deducted from gross tuition fees upon enrolment in the subsequent academic year 2023/24. No cash alternative is available.
Queen's Excellence Award
Year of Entry*
New undergraduate students commencing in academic year 2022/23
Students must achieve minimum 75% GPA in academic year 2022/23
£2000 award applied to tuition fees in subsequent academic year 2023/24
- *See point 11 for programme exceptions
- If you wish to defer your progression to the next year of your programme your scholarship will not be transferred.
- Students must be self-funded.
- The following programmes are excluded from eligibility for the Queen’s Excellence Award:
> Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Agricultural Technology, Theology, LLB Senior Status
> ALL Distance Learning programmes, foundation degree programmes and non-standard fee courses, including part-time programmes.
- Students must request authorisation from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study. Where changes are made without authorisation being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programmes at Queen’s University Belfast, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award.
- Applicants may apply and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast but if successful would receive only the highest value award with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant.
- International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship.
- The University is unable to consider requests for increased and/or further funding. The amount of scholarship offered is non-negotiable.
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.