Queen's Family Scholarship 2022/23
This award is exclusively for new International students beginning an eligible full-time programme in the academic year 2022/23 at the Queen's University Belfast campus and are the children, grandchildren or siblings of Queen's alumni or current Queen's University Belfast students.
- Undergraduate 20% reduction on Year 1 fees*
- Postgraduate Taught 20% reduction on Year 1 fees*
- Postgraduate Research 20% reduction on Year 1 fees*
* exclusions apply, see Terms and Conditions for further details
Online application required
Terms and Conditions apply
Terms and Conditions Queen's Family Scholarship 2022/23
- The Queen’s Family Scholarship is exclusively available to new international students beginning a full duration programme at Queen's University Belfast in the academic year 2022/23. Undergraduate programmes must have a minimum of 3 years at Queen's University Belfast starting in the academic year 2022/23. Exclusions apply – see point 11 below.
- The Queen’s Family Scholarship is available to children, grandchildren or siblings of current Queen’s University Belfast or Queen’s University Belfast Alumni. Step children and step siblings will also be eligible subject to point 6 below.
- The scholarship may only be claimed by students whose sibling, parent or grandparent is currently pursuing, or has already completed, a full duration* undergraduate or postgraduate programme at Queen's University Belfast. (*All years of programme must be completed at Queen’s University Belfast).
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the full international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this discount. Students paying NI/GB/EU fees are not eligible for the Queen’s Family Scholarship.
- Students must complete an application form via the Queen’s University Belfast website to claim the Scholarship.
- Students wishing to avail of the Queen’s Family Scholarship may be required to provide additional verification of their relationship to the current Queen’s University Belfast student or Queen’s University Belfast Alumni through whom they are claiming the Scholarship.
- The discount is awarded for the first year only, and is deducted from gross tuition fees. The scholarship cannot be used in place of any required deposit and no cash alternative is available.
- Students must be self-funded.
- Where Queen’s University Belfast has agreed discounted tuition fees with partner institutions, those students benefiting from these arrangements will not be eligible for the Queen’s Family Scholarship. Where Queen’s University Belfast has agreed discounted tuition fees with partner institutions, those students should contact International Scholarships to confirm their eligibility.
- If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship body such as Government, a charity or a private organisation you will not be eligible for a Queen’s Family Scholarship. This excludes students in receipt of educational loans.
- Students must register on their degree programme by the start date outlined in their offer.
- If you wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred
- Students must be self-funded.
- Any Queen’s Family Scholarship awarded is for entry to Queen’s University Belfast in the academic year 2022/23 and cannot be used for 2023/24 entry or any other year.
- The following programmes are excluded from eligibility for the Queen’s Family Scholarship:
- Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Agricultural Technology, Theology.
- Postgraduate: PG Certificate and PG Diploma programmes, MTh Theology.
- ALL Distance Learning programmes, foundation degree programmes and non-standard fee courses, including part-time programmes.
- External PhD programmes where students only undertake part of their research at Queen’s University.
- Higher Doctorates - Doctor of Divinity (DD), Doctor of Laws (LLD), Doctor of Letters (DLitt), Doctor of Science (DSc), Doctor of Science (Economics) (DSc(Econ)), Doctor of Science, (Education) (DSc(Ed)) and Doctor of Social Science (DSSc)
- PhD programmes by Published Works
- Students must request authorisation from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study. Where changes are made without authorisation being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programmes at Queen’s University, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award. This will be the scholarship award for the course onto which they enrol in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Applicants may apply and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast but if successful would receive the higher of the awards with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant.
- International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship. Where eligible students can use their scholarship in conjunction with the Early Confirmation Award, INTO Progressors Scholarship or Brickfields Exceptional Student Scholarship. To confirm eligibility contact International Scholarships
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.