A 10% reduction is available to new international students beginning a full-time course in the academic year 2021/22 who hold an unconditional offer and pay 90% of net tuition fees by the stipulated deadline.
Terms and conditions apply
10% discount on net fees - may be used in conjunction with other scholarships where eligible. See terms and conditions for further details.
Terms and Conditions
- The Early Bird Reward discount is exclusively available to new international students beginning a full-time course in 2021/22. Exclusions apply – see point 10 below.
- Students must hold an unconditional offer of a place on a full-time programme at the Queen’s University Belfast campus starting in the academic year 2021/22. The following deadlines apply:
> Postgraduate students must pay 90% of their Year 1 fees not later than 3 months before their start date as specified on their offer letter to avail of the discount, subject to terms and conditions.
- Students wishing to avail of the Early Bird Reward discount must email proof of transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who do not confirm their payment to email@example.com may find their discount is not applied
- The discount is awarded for the first year only, and is deducted from net tuition fees.
- The Early Bird Reward may be used in conjunction with other International Office scholarships, namely: Queen’s Family Scholarship. Early Bird Reward may also be used in conjunction with CQC scholarships.
- Where Queen’s University Belfast has agreed discounted tuition fees with partner institutions, those students should contact the International Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm their eligibility.
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this discount. Students paying NI/GB/ROI fees are not eligible for the Early Bird Reward discount.
- Students must be self-funded.
- Students in receipt of full funding from external sponsorship bodies will not be eligible for the Early Bird Reward discount. If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship body such as Government, a charity or a private organisation you will not be eligible for the Early Bird Reward discount.
- The following programmes are excluded from eligibility for the Early Bird Reward discount:
>Postgraduate: PG Certificate and PG Diploma programmes, MTh Theology.
>ALL Distance Learning programmes, foundation degree programmes and non-standard fee courses, including part-time programmes.
> External PhD programmes where students only undertake part of their research at Queen’s University.
>Higher Doctorates - Doctor of Divinity (DD), Doctor of Laws (LLD), Doctor of Letters (DLitt), Doctor of Science (DSc), Doctor of Science (Economics) (DSc(Econ)), Doctor of Science, (Education) (DSc(Ed)) and Doctor of Social Science (DSSc)
> PhD programmes by Published Works
- A student may receive an Early Bird Reward discount only once during their career at Queen’s University Belfast.
- University Belfast but if successful would receive only the highest value award with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant. With the exception of International Office scholarships listed under Point 5 above.
- The Early Bird Reward cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarships with the exception of those listed under Point 5 above. To confirm eligibility contact the International Office by email email@example.com
- Students who are required to successfully complete a Pre Sessional English programme at QUB INTO in order to satisfy the English language condition of their offer, are NOT eligible for the Early Bird Reward.
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.