Queen's Management School China Scholarship 2021
10 awards of £10,000 available exclusively for new applicants from mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau studying postgraduate taught programmes at Queen’s Management School.
To qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of either mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau
- You must have an IELTS or 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each category or equivalent qualification as per our website.
- All IELTS qualifications need to be submitted through the online application form by 15 May 2021 in order to be considered for this award.
- Submit a 2 minute video about why you have chosen your programme and what you plan to do after completing your studies. Additional information can be found on the application form.
- £1000 programme deposit to be paid by the appropriate deadline, as per your offer letter or the table given in the Terms and Conditions on this page.
Deadline 15 May 2021
Successful candidates will be advised by 30 May 2021
Terms and conditions apply
Terms and Conditions
- Students must hold an offer for a place on a full-time postgraduate taught programme at the Queen’s Management School, starting in the academic year 2021/22 and prior to commencement of study have met any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter.
- Students must be ordinarily resident in mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau.
- Students must achieve IELTS 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each category. Equivalences will be accepted as per the Queen's University Belfast website. Evidence of the IELTS or equivalent qualification must be submitted by the deadline. This criteria is in no way connected to any conditions specified in the academic offer issued by Queen’s University Belfast, any conditions must be met to gain entry to the University.
- Applicants must complete the online application form and submit a video as detailed on the application form within the deadline.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to participate in an online interview with an academic panel from Queen’s Management School.
- Successful candidates will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 by the appropriate deadline as shown in the table below in order to secure their scholarship:
Offer received by:
Deposit required by:
- Applications which have not complied with conditions 2-6 will not be considered and cannot be shortlisted for interview.
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this discount. Students paying NI/GB/ROI fees are not eligible for the Queen’s Management School China Scholarship 2021.
- The discount is awarded for the first year of study only, and is deducted from gross tuition fees upon enrolment. The scholarship cannot be used in lieu of any required deposit and no cash alternative is available.
- Any Queen’s Management School China Scholarship 2021 awarded is for entry to Queen’s University Belfast in the autumn semester of the academic year 2021/22 and cannot be used for 2022/23 entry or any other year.
- If you wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred.
- Students must be self-funded.
- If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship body such as Government, a charity or a private organisation you will not be eligible for an Queen’s Management School China Scholarship 2021.This excludes students in receipt of educational loans.
- Students must request authorisation from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study. Where changes are made without authorisation being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programmes at Queen’s University, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award. This will be the scholarship award for the course onto which they enrol in the 2021/22 academic year.
- Applicants may apply and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast but if successful would receive the Higher of the awards with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant.
- International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship. Where eligible students can however use their scholarship in conjunction with the Early-Bird reward discount.
- The University is unable to consider requests for increased and/or further funding. The amount of scholarship offered is non-negotiable.
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.