INDIA ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE AWARD
The India Academic Excellence Award is available exclusively to outstanding students from select schools in India who achieve a minimum standard of 85% in CBSE examinations and will be beginning their full-time studies at Queen's University Belfast in the academic year 2021-22.
15 Awards of £7,500 are available
Terms and conditions apply
Deadline for applications is Sunday 15 August at 23:59 BST.
About the Award
This award is exclusively for students who are a current student or have studied at one of the schools in the following list and have achieved a minimum standard of 85% in CBSE examinations:
Online application is required for this scholarship. Eligible candidates are required to submit an essay of up to 750 words explaining why they want to study at Queen's University Belfast and how this programme will help them fulfil their career aspirations.
Terms & Conditions apply
Deadline for applications is Sunday 15 August 2021 at 23:59 BST
|Name of School||City|
|Amity School Group, NCR||Delhi/NCR|
|Assam Valley School, Sontipur||Tezpur|
|B.D.Somani International School||Mumbai|
|Candor International School||Bangalore|
|Chettinad Vidyashram School||Chennai|
|Chinmaya International Residential School||Coimbatore|
|Christ PU College||Bangalore|
|City Montessori School||Lucknow|
|DAV Public School (Group)||All India|
|Delhi Public School (Group)||All India|
|Dhirubhai Ambani International School||Mumbai|
|D.Y. Patil International School||Mumbai|
|Emrald Height School||Indore|
|FIITJEE Junior College||Vijaywada|
|Genesis Global School, Noida||Delhi/NCR|
|Good Shepherd International School||Ooty|
|Hiranandani Upscale School||Chennai|
|Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet||Hyderabad|
|Indian Public School (Group)||All India|
|Indus International School (Group)||All India|
|Jain International Residential School||Bangalore|
|Jayshree Periwal International School (IB)||Jaipur|
|K R Mangalam School Group||Delhi/NCR|
|Kodaikanal International School||Kodaikonal|
|La Martiniere School||Kolkata|
|Lancers International School||Delhi/NCR|
|Mahatama Gandhi International School||Ahmedabad|
|Mayo College for Boys||Ajmer|
|Modern High School for Girls||Kolkata|
|Oakridge International School Group||All India|
|Pathways School Group, NCR||Delhi/NCR|
|Podar International School (Group)||All India|
|Royal Global School||Guwahati|
|SAI International School||Bhubaneshwar|
|Shiv Nadar School, NCR||Delhi/NCR|
|Singapore International School||Mumbai|
|Sreenidhi International School||Hyderabad|
|The Aga Khan Academy||Hyderabad|
|The British School||Delhi/NCR|
|The Heritage School (Group)||All India|
|The International School||Bangalore|
|The Sri Ram School, Gurgaon||Delhi/NCR|
|Velammal Group of Schools||Chennai|
|Vibgyor High School||All India|
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This award is exclusively for new International students.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum standard of 85% in CBSE examinations.
- Students must have firmly accepted an offer for a place on a full-time undergraduate programme at the Queen’s University Belfast campus, starting in the academic year 2021/22 and prior to commencement of study have met any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter. Exclusions apply – see point 11 below
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the international tuition fee rate with their Domicile being India in order to be considered for this scholarship. Students paying NI/GB/EU fees are not eligible for the International Office Undergraduate Scholarship.
- Deadline to apply for India Academic Excellence Award is Sunday 15 August 2021.
- The scholarship is awarded for the first year of study only, and is deducted from gross tuition fees upon enrolment. The scholarship cannot be used in lieu of any required deposit and no cash alternative is available.
- Any India Excellence Award is for entry to Queen’s University Belfast in the academic year 2021/22 and cannot be used for 2022/23 entry or any other year.
- If you wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred.
- Students must be self-funded.
- Where Queen’s University Belfast has agreed discounted tuition fees with partner institutions, those students should contact the International Office by email email@example.com to confirm their eligibility.
- If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship body such as Government, a charity or a private organisation you will not be eligible for an International Office Undergraduate Scholarship. This excludes students in receipt of educational loans.
- The following programmes are excluded from eligibility for the India Academic Excellence Award:
> Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Agricultural Technology, Theology
> ALL Distance Learning programmes, foundation degree programmes and non-standard fee courses, including part-time programmes.
- Students must request authorisation from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study. Where changes are made without authorisation being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programmes at Queen’s University Belfast, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award. This will be the scholarship award for the course onto which they enrol in the 2021/22 academic year.
- Applicants may apply and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast but if successful would receive the higher of the awards (with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant).
- International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship except the Early Bird Reward where eligible.
- The University is unable to consider requests for increased and/or further funding. The amount of scholarship offered is non-negotiable.
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.