If you applied for one of our Summer Schools over the Christmas break (21st Dec - 4th Jan) and have not received a confirmation email, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOLS 2019
24 JUNE - 19 JULY 2019
Spend four weeks with us in Northern Ireland, immersing yourself in a unique academic and cultural experience, and pursue your interests in one of three tailored summer school programmes.
All of our Summer Schools programmes include:
• A unique immersive academic and cultural experience, with the opportunity to pursue your academic interests
• Guaranteed accommodation on campus for 27 nights with arrival on Sunday 23 June and departure on Saturday 20 July 2019
• Optional credit- bearing programme at Year 2 undergraduate equivalent, following assessment
• Opportunity to explore Northern Ireland with cultural and historical field trips
• A social programme including welcome reception, film nights, social events and ‘Ceilidh’ Night – traditional Irish music and dancing
Experience Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland is ripe for discovery with a remarkable past, an exhilarating present and an exciting future.
Study in the home of Belfast and the Causeway Coast, named by the Lonely Planet as the number one region in the world to visit!
Students will have the opportunity to see their learning in action with a range of field trips across Northern Ireland to sites of cultural and historical importance. As well as programme specific field trips, there are a range of joint cultural and historical field trips, including:
• UNESCO World Heritage site the Giant’s Causeway
• The world's leading tourist attraction Titanic Belfast
• Historic walled city of Derry-Londonderry
• The home of Northern Ireland’s government, Stormont Parliament Buildings
• Attend 'Orangefest' an Ulster Protestant celebration held on 12 July every year dating back to the 18th century
• Belfast Mural tour
Choice of three Unique Programmes
You can choose if you wish to be assessed in order to receive credit. A student successfully completing one of our Summer Schools following satisfactory essay assessment will be awarded 20 CATS points at Year 2 undergraduate equivalent. Queen’s recommends that this credit equates 10 ECTS credits or five – six US credits.
If you select the accommodation option, your accommodation is provided for 27 nights in Queen’s brand new student accommodation facility in Belfast City Centre. The new accommodation at BT2 opened in Autumn 2018 and is located just 15 minutes’ walk from Queen’s main campus (0.9miles). You’ll be neighbours with the vibrant city-centre nightlife, popular restaurants and local supermarkets. You will be nestled in the middle of a fantastic coffee culture featuring some of Belfast’s most popular independent coffee shops.
Each apartment is comprised of a maximum of 6 en suite private bedrooms and a communal equipped kitchen and living room area with television and sofa. There is also a self-service laundry facility located within the accommodation (equipped with washing machines, dryers, irons and ironing boards)
If you select the accommodation option, your booking will include:
- 27 nights at Queen’s student accommodation
- Private room
- Private en suite bathroom
- Thermostat control within private bedroom
- A breakfast every morning
- Utility bills
- WiFi Internet
- Bed linen and towels changed 3 times a week
- Cleaning service: Kitchen and communal area cleaned twice a week. Please note students are responsible for washing the dishes and cookware themselves
- Communal kitchen and common room with a TV and kitchen equipment
- 24-hour safety staff
Check in and out times
Check in: Sunday 23 June 2019 from 2.00pm
Check out: Saturday 20 July 2019 by 10.30am
If you are arriving or departing outside of these times on the arrival and departure dates please email the Queen’s Accommodation team E: email@example.com
Please note it may not always be possible to facilitate such requests so when booking travel you should try to work around these times.
Booking extra nights
If you would like to stay additional nights at Queen’s accommodation outside of the dates provided, you can book and pay for these as a separate booking by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org Please let the team know that you are staying as part of the Summer Schools.
Your kitchen comes equipped with the following: Kettle, Fridge / Freezer, Oven / Hob, Microwave, Toaster, Crockery, Cutlery, Cooking utensils , Frying pans / Skillets, Saucepans, Baking trays / sheets, Chopping boards